This year's philanthropist is not a multi-billionaire who has been donating money for the last few decades, it's not a Mother Teresa, nor a president who received the Noble Peace Prize for peace promotion. It's an economist who has been working to better the environment of the economies of numerous Third World countries. His economic philosophy is based on Christian ideologies and socialism.
That description would be me in 10 years. I hope to be working for numerous Third World countries to help them gain competitiveness in the world market. I've always believed that socialism correlates with the Christian ideology on economics: I would promote Christian socialism. Not having to worry about the sustenance of life and being able to help others have a better life financially is something to be proud of. My work would be to advance the economy, but I would be working with a group of missionaries who would spread the Gospel during the work I am doing. It would be a work in which we fill their bellies and quench their spiritual thirst.
During this time I would not sit by and watch the first world countries rot in capitalism. This would drive them to doom by promoting greed and selfishness. I would work so that the economic system would be reformed; the poor protected, the needy provided for and the young given bountiful resources. Some may say that Christians shouldn't be rich, but I think otherwise. We shouldn't be denying the riches we earn, but rather, earn more so that we may be able to share more.
An economist promoting Christian socialism and trying to reform the rotten economic system is what I plan to be in 10 years.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment