Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ditch the unworthy

Dear Uncle Sunny,
I like a guy at my school and he seems to like me, too. We do a lot of things together. Unfortunately, whenever we go somewhere, he doesn’t have much money so I have to pay for his Starbucks or McDonald’s. He said his parents don’t give him much of an allowance. I don’t mean to complain, but I don’t get much allowance, either. How can I get him to pay his fair share?
– Poor in Pendik



Dear Poor,

You have an extremely bad boyfriend. Are you totally sure that you can live with a man who will only ask from you sacrifice and never give something to you? He’s not the man for you. You have to realize that what you thought of him before is merely his falsehood. Your love shouldn’t be something that’s one-way but it should be a relationship of giving and conceding between two people. It’s basically a ceremony, a ritual that everybody must undergo to prove themselves worthy of their partner.

I’m sorry to break your fantasy, but you as a girl deserve something better. I’m not saying that you need to be treated like a princess just because you’re a girl but I’m saying that everybody regardless of their gender needs respect. Love isn’t only for you to prove but also for him to prove.

If you need counseling after you break up with him or methods of getting rid of him just ask me. I’m always free.

No comments:

Post a Comment