(5) Dear Uncle Sunny, (fill in your name)
I have a lot of homework every night. At the same time, I want to spend time with my friends, participate in extra-curricular activities, and use Facebook. If I don’t get on Facebook every night, I feel left out. At the same time, I think I’m wasting a lot of time and it is one way I could make better use of my time. What do you suggest?
-- Lonely in Libadiye
Dear Lonely,
Typical, students have yet to learn to use their time in a much wiser manner. It’s perfectly healthy for you to be on Facebook, don’t believe in the other lies. What really matters is not whether or not you’re on Facebook but what you’re doing in it.
You have an actually simple problem here. You really want to excel and love to do a lot of varied activities. You enjoy your friends. However homework and the scarcity of time are making you worried. This is a critical problem for many students.
As a remedy, I’ll advise you to do your homework ASAP. It doesn’t help to keep it until 9’O Clock to do it all. If you have excess time left finish other homework which may be due later on. By all means enjoy your extra-curricular activities, but don’t overdo it and exhaust yourself. Use Facebook in intervals of ten minutes every one or two hours. Think of these as breaks in between homework. When doing Facebook limit yourself and choose what you really need to do; give up Farmville and go on your thread with friends or wall with them, a short chat can always do also. A simple guideline right? Well, it actually takes practice to faithfully carry this out.
The main point is that you need to do only the important stuff on Facebook, actually do homework early so you’ll have time, and by all means do whatever you want to do with extra-curricular activities.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment