Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Paradise can be Hell

It was the best day of our summer vacation so far, the day after we escaped the boring house which was our stronghold up until then. As an act of defiance we packed up and headed straight to Antalya. After the exciting 12-hour journey we arrived at the sunny beach which beheld nothing but paradise.
The beauty of this place not only consisted of the good weather and awesome shining beach, but also the luxurious hotel that included every entertainment you could imagine. After getting settled in our room, my brothers and I ran towards the sea of fun. How could anything go wrong? No sharks, no threatening weather, no heat stroke, no jerk to ruin my day, and no parents to stop the reckless stunts I’d pull off in the water. It was paradise.
That's what I thought. Just when nothing could go wrong I was hit by an ordinary wave, not that strong; it was the everyday wave you'd always encounter. It was this certain wave that flipped me over and left me standing in the water feeling awkward. Why this harmless wave ruined my day, I honestly do not know. Just when my jubilance was reaching its peak, I was hit by this wave, knocking me over.
Still ready to have more fun, I stood up and discovered the fatal truth. My worst day was about to start. Where were my swimming trunks? I could've sworn that I had them on until... Yes! It was the wretched wave that took my swimming trunks. Out of both bewilderment and embarrassment I immediately searched the whole area. It was gone; I was still in the water in the middle of about a few hundred people on the whole beach. I slowly drifted away from everybody and resumed my epic crusade to find the necessary article of clothing that would save my day.
I lost my swimming trunks. Could it get any worse? I didn’t think so until an older girl about three or five years above my age saw me under the water. She smiled. I smiled back. I was on the verge of dying from embarrassment, but I vowed I’d stay alive and firm until the cursed trunks were found. I mean, I didn’t want to die naked. She dealt the finishing blow. It just so happened that she was the one who held that golden prize I was looking for. She had followed me to give it to me. Honestly at that moment, my face must have been something to look at. I could hear her malicious laughter swam away, leaving my trunks floating in front of me.
“If anything can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment.” My paradise had turned into the most embarrassing day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment